Membership in SPA offers a great many benefits and is regarded as one of the best bargains around. It includes:
- A subscription to the Journal of Personality Assessment. Edited by Martin Sellbom, PhD, this highly regarded journal is an essential resource for assessment professionals who wish to learn from colleagues and leaders in the field, expand professionally, and update their knowledge of assessment methods.
- An energetic and information-rich Convention that provides the opportunity to meet with assessment psychologists from other states and countries, network with fellow researchers and colleagues, share ideas, present and/or learn about the latest new research findings, contribute to and/or hear about applied clinical assessment experiences, and collaborate about professional concerns. Unique in these exciting and dynamic meetings are many formal and informal opportunities to personally meet and dialog with respected leaders in our field - not to mention the chance to travel to stimulating places such as San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, or the Washington, DC area.
- A way to join in awarding outstanding research efforts, recognize distinguished contributors to the field, and support student research.
- Waiver of membership dues for Life Members and Life Fellows.
- Voting privileges for members.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Reduced rates for convention and workshop registration.
- For an extra fee, membership in the International Society of the Rorschach and Projective Methods, which includes a subscription to Rorschachiana and potential participation in its triennial international congress.
Persons who hold a doctor's degree in psychology, medicine, or related field; whose work and interests lie primarily in the study, assessment, or treatment of human behavior and its disorders, and who are recognized by virtue of professional training, experience, or membership in professional associations, and qualified psychologists, psychiatrists, or research workers in these fields.
*The requirement of a doctorate may be waived in the case of applicants from countries in which it is not the standard degree relevant to the practice of psychological assessment if applicants have the advanced degree and training necessary for independent practice as determined by the Board of Directors.Join as Professional
Persons who hold a doctor's degree in psychology, medicine, or related field in their first five years of post-doctorate experience.
Persons enrolled in a regionally accredited educational institution in psychology, medicine, or a related field.Join as Graduate Student
Undergraduate Student Members are those persons enrolled in a regionally accredited educational institution, majoring in psychology or a related field.
If you do not fit any of the categories above, please consider applying for an Associate membership. Persons with graduate degrees below the doctor’s degree or who have been graduate students for at least five (5) years may be qualify for this membership category, and the SPA Board of Directors will determine your eligibility.