SPA Grants Deadline
SPA Dissertation and Research Grants will be evaluated on a scale of 1 (poor) to 5 (excellent) on the following domains:
- Overall Quality of the Proposal
- Proposal is clear and well-written
- Proposal provides a clear rationale for the project with appropriate citations
- The method described in the proposal is clear and appropriate for the proposed project
- Feasibility of the Project
- The project is feasible based on the timeline and budget provided
- Potential to Contribute to the Field of Personality Assessment
- The proposed project will significantly contribute to the field of personality assessment and/or advance the field of personality assessment
A successful proposal will be well-written, provide a clear and compelling rationale for the project, the methods described are clear and appropriate for the proposed project, the project is feasible within the time and budget proposed, and the project has the potential to significantly contribute to and/or advance the field of personality assessment.
The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) will be making grants to support dissertation research in the area of personality assessment. These awards of up to $800 dollars must have an approved dissertation proposal before applying for the grant. Although not required at time of application, to receive the grant, the student must hold an active student membership for the 2023 calendar year. It is expected that the findings of the dissertation will be presented at a forthcoming Annual Convention of SPA.