July 2023 | Newsletter Updates
Your expertise and dedication will make a difference! Apply now and be part of a committee that ensures fairness, objectivity, and upholds our values.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Review nominations,
- Select recipients, and
- Propose new SPA awards.
The majority of this work is during the selection period between August and October. Outside of selecting the awards, there may be conference calls or other meetings, which should be no more than 1-3 hours of meetings and outside work per month. All meetings will be virtual and will occur through Zoom.
For more information on the responsibilities, please click here. If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to the SPA Executive Director, Nathan Victoria at email@example.com.
Extended Deadline is July 17, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET!
The time for award nominations has already started! Every year our goal is to recognize individuals that embody the Society's mission to advance the evidence-based practice and impact of personality assessment through research, education, training, and advocacy. These are some of the individuals that will help move us forward in your field or personality and psychoanalytic assessment.
Recipients for all of these awards will be celebrated at our 2024 SPA Convention in San Diego, CA between March 13-17, 2024. If you have any questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bruno Klopfer Award
- John E. Exner Award
- John R. Graham Award for Distinguished Mentorship in Personality Assessment
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Early Career Award
- SPA Mid-Career Award
- Mary S. Cerney Student Paper Award
- Distinguished Service & Contribution to Personality Assessment Award
All Nominations must be submitted by
July 24, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET for consideration.
Please note, we will be accepting self nominations for any of these awards.
Are you a member of the Education & Training Interest Group? Then mark your calendars because you've been invited to the Social Hour! Bring your favorite beverage and join us for a fun evening of conversation, games and a little bit of business at the end. We have plenty of exciting updates to share, but let's socialize and have some fun first!
Wednesday, July 26, 2023 | 7PM - 9PM
Please contact Adam P. Natoli or Scott L. Schwartz for questions about the Education and Training Interest Group. For all other questions about this virtual event or SPA, please contact Nathan Victoria.
The American Psychological Association (APA) in the United States is moving towards accreditation of M.A. programs in Clinical Psychology and recommendations for independent licensure standards at the M.A. level. Historically, those with a terminal M.A. in the U.S. have not met the criteria for full membership in the Society. The SPA Board of Trustees has been discussing implications for our Society and this taskforce will identify implications and provide a proposal for the SPA Board to consider on how to better incorporate M.A. level practitioners (i.e., Licensed Psychological Associates [LPAs]) in the U.S. as these changes take place.
We will be Accepting Applications until August 7, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET!
We are seeking engaging and insightful workshops to enrich the attendee experience for the 2024 SPA Convention in San Diego, CA. We encourage you to submit your proposal to share your expertise and contribute to the learning and growth of our SPA community. We welcome proposals that are diverse in perspectives, responsive to emerging trends and the evolving challenges of psychologists and clinicians utilizing and researching assessment. Proposals will be accepted until August 14, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com.
All Proposals must be submitted by August 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET!
In case you have not heard, as an SPA Member, you now receive an additional member benefit through MemberDeals. This company provides us with a unique opportunity to establish a cost-free member benefit program by connecting members to the world's greatest entertainment & travel discounts. Starting Saving Today!
- Event: Join The Assessment Section of The Society for Clinical Psychology for their LIVE online Award Celebration Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5pm ET/ 2pm PT. They will be celebrating Constance Fischer for being awarded the 2023 Distinguished Contribution to Assessment Award. Speakers will include Stephen Finn, Jessie Goicoechea, and Caroline Purves. There will also be an online Assessment Social Friday, August 4, 2023 at 6pm ET/ 3pm PT. Links to these events will be provided at a later time.
- 2023 Assessment Throwdown: The Assessment Section of APA's Division 12 invites students from clinical, counseling, or school psychology graduate programs to participate in their annual Assessment Throwdown. The goal of this competition is for trainees to show off their assessment knowledge and receive feedback from experts in the field. There are two rounds with the first round ending on July 30, 2023. For more information, please click here to view flyer.
- Event: We welcome you to join us at the ISR Summer Seminars, held in Genova, Italy, July 14th-16th, and enjoy this 3 days stimulating and enriching event. Early bird deadline has been extended until May 30th! Click here for more information. To register, fill out form and email to ISR treasurer.