August 2022 | Newsletter Updates
Will you be attending the APA Convention this week? Stop by Booth 118 to meet the SPA's Executive Director and CEO, Nathan Victoria! He will be there to answer questions and give you additional information regarding our SPA Convention, SPAGS, and the future of the Society.
We are still accepting submissions for workshops and proposals! SPA is still planning an in-person event with a minor virtual option for some of the educational content. Please note, even though both calls will be using the same link to submit, deadlines are different.
Call for Workshops Deadline: August 15, 2022
Call for Proposals Deadline: October 10, 2022
Register for Upcoming Events and Earn Continuing Education Credits.
August 16 | Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms- 2nd Edition (SIRS-2) | 1 CE Credit
Presented by: Dustin Wygant
Goals and Objectives
- Participants will learn about the development and psychometric properties of the Structured Interview of Reported Symptoms-2nd Edition (SIRS-2) and its use in forensic mental health assessment.
- Participants will learn about relevant case law surrounding the SIRS-2.
- Participants will learn how to best prepare for expert testimony concerning SIRS-2 findings.
August 30 | Violence Risk Assessment with the HCR-20V3 in Legal Contexts | 1 CE Credit
Presented by: Vivenne De Vogel and Tamara De Beuf
Goals and Objectives
- Identify the practical applications of using structured risk assessment tools like the HCR-20 V3 in legal contexts
- Identify the most relevant problematic issues associated with using structured risk assessment tools like the HCR-20 V3 in legal contexts
The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
SPA is seeking for individuals to join our new formed Content Advisory Committee. The committee's goal is to increase SPA's online presence and document personality assessment's impact to the broader world. This committee will assist with identifying and producing content for the SPA Blog, social media, as well as over see the selection process for the Editor of the Exchange. We are accepting applications until August 16, 2022!
Our SPA Awards nomination period is coming to an end soon! We need your help to recognize those individuals who have made an impact in the personality assessment field while embodying the Society's mission. As a reminder, recipients for all of these awards will be celecbrated at our 2023 SPA Annual Convention in Austin, TX.
Nominate using the award applications links below.
- Bruno Klopfer Award
- John E. Exner Award
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Early Career Award
- SPA Mid-Career Award
- Mary S. Cerney Student Paper Award
- Distinguished Service & Contribution to Personality Assessment Award
Submit your nominations by August 16, 2022!
Please note we are also accepting self-nominations for all of these awards.
SPA wants to get feedback from our members! We ask that you complete this short AND anonymous survey. We appreciate your cooperation!
- Invitation to take Survey: We will ask you to complete an online survey (in English, Dutch, or Italian, it’s up to you!) conducted by Ali Y.E. Akca, PhD candidate at the University of Turin (Italy), in collaboration with Erasmus University of Rotterdam (The Netherlands). The aim of this study is to explore the experiences and opinions of professionals involved in clinical, neuropsychological, forensic, and/or medical(physical) assessment. More specifically, we are asking practitioners to tell us about their experiences and opinions about the profile of their assessed clients. You may participate in this study if you perform psychological or medical assessments in any of the above areas. Your responses will be kept anonymous and confidential. If you have any questions, please contact the principal investigator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here to complete the survey.
- Call for Papers: Clinical Assessment in the Time of COVID Psychological Assessment is a scholarly journal committed to empirical research relevant to assessments conducted in the broad field of clinical psychology. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted, and will continue to significantly impact, clinical assessment. We invite submissions to a special issue of the journal focused on clinical assessment issues arising from the pandemic. Deadline is September 30, 2022. Click here to submit.
- Invest In Your Future: To mark 100 years of Hermann Rorschach and his book, Psychodiagnostik, and to consider what the next 100 years of the Rorschach should look like, the International Society of the Rorschach and Projective Methods (ISR) is organizing its XXIII Congress in Geneva, Switzerland, with the support of the University of Geneva. This hybrid Congress, which will combine in-person and virtual events, is open to professionals from all disciplines who have an interest in the Rorschach and projective methods. For more information, click here for English, click here for French, click here for Japanese