December 2023 | Newsletter Updates
Below you find a few updates to the convention!
- You can learn more about our Featured Lectures here.
- Registration opened last month. View Pricing Here. Early bird rate ends on January 23rd.
- Convention Scholarship notifications will be sent out after mid-Decmeber.
- You can now volunteer for a workshop, click here.
- All programming notifications have been sent out. If you did not receive an e-mail from our convention programming system, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can now look over our workshop titles and scheduling. Please continue to visit our convention webpage as we will be updating periodically with new information. We hope to see you in San Diego next year!
SPAGS has decided to extend the nomination period until December 8th to encourage international students to apply for the international member at-large position on the 2024 SPAGS Board. If you are an international student or know of an international student that would benefit from this opportunity, please fill out the form below.
Why should you be on the SPAGS Board?
- Gain Leadership Experience
- Bring Your Vision/New Ideas to the our Organization
- Develop Professional Relationships with Senior Leadership Members
- Boost Your CV/Resume
- Receive Funding to attend our Annual Convention
Extended Deadline to Apply is December 8, 2023 at 11:59pm (ET)
Help us in congratulating our SPA Award Winners! Their accomplishments and impact to the personality assessment field need to be celebrated.
All grant notifications of both our Dissertation and Student Research Grants have been sent out. Please check your emails if you applied to either of these grants. Grant recipients must complete additional steps have by December 30, 2023. If you have any questions regarding the grants process, please reach out to our office.
For those of you who haven't done so, it is now time to renew your membership for the 2024 year. The deadline is on December 31, 2023 at 11:59pm ET. In order to avoid the $50 admin fee to reinstate your membership after the deadline, please submit your payment at your earliest convenience. SPA membership comes with several current benefits and some that will be incoming in 2024. Don't miss out on the opportunities SPA memberships can provide. Click the button below to renew your membership!
December 31, 2023 at 11:59PM (ET)
FREE Webinar: A Brief Introduction to Therapeutic Assessment as Illustrated through a Case Example of a Young Adult
Presented on behalf of the Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment Interest Group
January 26, 2023 | 9:30 am - 11:00 CT | 1.5 CEs
*FREE Webinar for SPA Members*
Therapeutic Assessment (TA) is a highly individualized and collaborative approach to psychological assessment that often leads to growth for clients. During this webinar, participants will be introduced to the core aspects and steps of the TA model. Clinical material of a young adult and his parents who participated in a TA with the presenters will be shared to explain aspects of a TA. Graduate students and early career psychologists may be particularly interested in attending this training.
- Raja M. David, PsyD, ABPP, LP | Minnesota Center for Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment, Therapeutic Assessment Institute
- Pamela Schaber, PhD | Center for Therapeutic Assessment, Therapeutic Assessment Institute
- Webinar Series: Starting in 2024, CSIRA will be holding 8 webinars, presented by experts, on different aspects of the revision version of John Exner's Comprehensive System: reference data, new research and clear, up-to-date coding and interpretation. Click here to register, and for additional information about each topic and presenters.
- Education & Training Interest Group:
This year, the Education & Training Interest Group invited anyone submitting a symposium to present at SPA to reach out to us if they would like help finding a discussant for their symposium. Specifically, we offered to help identify an expert in the field to talk about the important implications of the author’s symposium for the next generation of psychologists and the future of assessment. We received one request from a symposium focused on assessment gaps related to exploring the relationship between interpersonal traumas and social relating/death awareness in diverse populations of adults and children survivors. The themes of this symposium include “interpersonal traumas (including neglect and abuse) in unexplored areas of cultural diversity, death anxiety, paternal influence and projective assessment of aggression.”
We are looking for an individual with knowledge and/or expertise in one or more of these areas that would like to serve as a discussant for the symposium (if the symposium is accepted). If you are interested, or can recommend someone, please send an email to the interest group co-chairs: Scott (email@example.com) and Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Event: Join the Finnish Rorschach Association for their Autumn Seminars December 8 - 9, 2023. Presenters include Gregory Meyer, PhD and Joni Mihura, PhD, ABAP. For additional information on the sessions and to register please click here.
- Call for Papers: It is with great pleasure that the Organizing Committee for the XXIV Congress of the International Society for the Rorschach and Projective Methods can announce the Call for papers. We are excited to receive papers from all over the world and look forward to both oral presentations, symposia and posters to the congress that is held in Copenhagen, Denmark in July 2024. We encourage everyone to visit the official congress website: https://rorschachcph2024.dk where all the latest information can be found and where you can sign up for our newsletter. We also have a facebook group: XXIV Congress of the ISR - Copenhagen 2024. Call for Papers - English | Abstract Guidelines- English | Call for Papers - Spanish | Abstract Guidelines- Spanish