February 2024 | Newsletter Updates
Below you find a few updates to the convention!
- The full schedule to the convention can be accessed here.
- You can learn more about our Featured Lectures here.
- It's time to register! View Pricing Here. Regular registration ends on February 28th!
- Reserve your room by February 17th to ensure you lock in the room block rate.
- Presenting a Poster on Thursday or Saturday? Submit your poster for a chance to win an award! Click here to submit your Poster for evaluation.
- Are you interested in promoting your book? Bring your book and sign copies at the convention. Click here to reserve a table.
- You can volunteer for a workshop, click here.
- We will have a special networking event at the San Diego Zoo on Wednesday, March 13th! Purchase your tickets for Wild Connections NOW, tickets are limited.
- This year we're partnering with HiTOP to host their HiTOP Conference starting on March 16th. Click here to learn more.
Review over our workshop titles and scheduling before adding to your registration. Please continue to visit our convention webpage as we will be updating periodically with new information. We hope to see you in San Diego next month!
We are partnering with the University of Minnesota Press to bring to you the MMPI Workshops and 59th Annual MMPI Research Symposium!
The symposium will take place in Tempe, Arizona at the Tempe Mission Palms on Friday, June 14 and Saturday, June 15, 2024, and will be preceded by two days of MMPI-3 workshops. For those interested, we will provide registration information in a coming e-mail.
The symposium call for abstracts is now open, you can click here to learn more. For more information regarding this event click the button below.
- Call for Nominations to Revise APA Licensure Guidance: The work of this task force is expected to be conducted entirely virtually. Members are asked to allocate 2 hours per month for meetings and to participate in a minimum of 1-2 full day virtual meetings. A draft of the revised guidance is desired by fall 2024. Self-nominations are encouraged. Individuals should submit a current CV and a brief letter describing their qualifications for this task force. After submitting these materials, nominees will be asked to complete a Conflict of Interest Questionnaire and a Matrix for Elected and Appointed Leadership Selection. Nominations are due February 15, 2024 and should be sent via email to SPracticeGovernanceOps@apa.org. Click here for more information.
- Call for Abstracts for Special Section of the Journal of Psychopathology and Clinical Science: Revitalizing the Future of Personality Disorders Science and Practice: A Call for Innovation. Co-editors include Christopher J. Hopwood, PhD, Aleksandra Kaurin, PhD, and Aaron Pincus, PhD. Please submit an abstract (250 words or fewer) of a proposed submission through the journal portal by April 1, 2024. Click here to learn more about this special section.
- Training: You're invited to a 2-day (Helsinki) and 4 half-day (Zoom) Training and Update for CS Experts. The Rorschach Comprehensive System- Revised (CS-R) and Supplementary Scales training May 23-24 and October 10,17, 24 & November 7, 2024. Click here for more information.
- Call for Proposals: Personality and Social Psychology Review is seeking proposals for a Special Issue titled “Highlighting Personality and Social Psychological Theory from Majority World Contexts.” We hope that contributions to this special issue will address two important questions: (1) What can dominant Western psychology learn from social and personality psychological concepts and theories rooted in and oriented around perspectives from Majority World contexts? and (2) How can social and personality psychological concepts and theories from Majority World contexts contribute to a truly global science of personality and social psychology? The manuscripts published in this special issue will be shorter than those typically published in PSPR in order to amplify as many voices as possible: 2500-5000 words (excluding abstract and references). See https://spsp.org/news/spsp-news/personality-and-social-psychology-review-journal-call-for-proposals for much more information. Proposals are due February 15, 2024.
- ISR Bulletin: New ISR bulletin is now available. Click here to access the bulletin.
- Webinar Series: Join us Psychological Assessment Considerations: Working with Transgender, Gender Diverse, and Gender Expansive Individuals webinar series. This 6-session continuing education series is a collaborative effort by the Psychological Assessment Sections, The Society for Clinical Society (APA Division 12), and the Society for Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity (APA Division 44). You can register for the full series or individual sessions. Click here to learn more about this series.
- Call for Papers: It is with great pleasure that the Organizing Committee for the XXIV Congress of the International Society for the Rorschach and Projective Methods can announce the Call for papers. We are excited to receive papers from all over the world and look forward to both oral presentations, symposia and posters to the congress that is held in Copenhagen, Denmark in July 2024. We encourage everyone to visit the official congress website: https://rorschachcph2024.dk where all the latest information can be found and where you can sign up for our newsletter. We also have a facebook group: XXIV Congress of the ISR - Copenhagen 2024. Call for Papers - English | Abstract Guidelines- English | Call for Papers - Spanish | Abstract Guidelines- Spanish