January 2024 | Newsletter Updates
We are partnering with the University of Minnesota Press to bring to you the MMPI Workshops and 59th Annual MMPI Research Symposium!
The symposium will take place in Tempe, Arizona at the Tempe Mission Palms on Friday, June 14 and Saturday, June 15, 2024, and will be preceded by two days of MMPI-3 workshops. For those interested, we will provide registration information in a coming e-mail.
The symposium call for abstracts is now open, you can click here to learn more. For more information regarding this event click the button below.
Below you find a few updates to the convention!
- The full schedule to the convention can be accessed here.
- You can learn more about our Featured Lectures here.
- Registration opened last month. View Pricing Here. Early bird rate ends on January 23rd!
- All Convention Scholarship notifications have been sent out. Contact our office if you have not received your notification.
- You can volunteer for a workshop, click here.
- All programming notifications have been sent out. If you did not receive an e-mail from our convention programming system, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can now look over our workshop titles and scheduling. Please continue to visit our convention webpage as we will be updating periodically with new information. We hope to see you in San Diego next year!
IF you have not renewed your 2024 SPA membership yet, the deadline has passed. However, you are still able to renew but there will be an admin fee to reinstate your membership. SPA membership comes with several current benefits and some that will be incoming in 2024. Don't miss out on the opportunities SPA memberships can provide. Click the button below to renew your membership!
FREE Webinar: A Brief Introduction to Therapeutic Assessment as Illustrated through a Case Example of a Young Adult
Presented on behalf of the Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment Interest Group
January 26, 2023 | 9:30 am - 11:00 CT | 1.5 CEs
*FREE Webinar for SPA Members*
Therapeutic Assessment (TA) is a highly individualized and collaborative approach to psychological assessment that often leads to growth for clients. During this webinar, participants will be introduced to the core aspects and steps of the TA model. Clinical material of a young adult and his parents who participated in a TA with the presenters will be shared to explain aspects of a TA. Graduate students and early career psychologists may be particularly interested in attending this training.
- Raja M. David, PsyD, ABPP, LP | Minnesota Center for Collaborative/Therapeutic Assessment, Therapeutic Assessment Institute
- Pamela Schaber, PhD | Center for Therapeutic Assessment, Therapeutic Assessment Institute
The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
These grants, ranging anywhere from $500 to a maximum of $10,000, are meant to support research that advances equity, inclusion, and social justice research, as defined by our Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice (EISJ) track and key terminology for our convention. Although not required at time of application, to receive the grant, the applicant must hold an active SPA membership for the 2024 calendar year. It is expected that the findings of the research will be presented at a forthcoming Annual Convention of SPA.
Materials to be submitted on the application include:
- Project Proposal
- Itemized Budget
- Projected Timeline
- Resume or CV
Deadline is January 29, 2024!
- Webinar Series: Starting in 2024, CSIRA will be holding 8 webinars, presented by experts, on different aspects of the revision version of John Exner's Comprehensive System: reference data, new research and clear, up-to-date coding and interpretation. Click here to register, and for additional information about each topic and presenters.
- Call for Papers: It is with great pleasure that the Organizing Committee for the XXIV Congress of the International Society for the Rorschach and Projective Methods can announce the Call for papers. We are excited to receive papers from all over the world and look forward to both oral presentations, symposia and posters to the congress that is held in Copenhagen, Denmark in July 2024. We encourage everyone to visit the official congress website: https://rorschachcph2024.dk where all the latest information can be found and where you can sign up for our newsletter. We also have a facebook group: XXIV Congress of the ISR - Copenhagen 2024. Call for Papers - English | Abstract Guidelines- English | Call for Papers - Spanish | Abstract Guidelines- Spanish