April 2023 | Newsletter Links
SPA Board Nominations | April 30th
Join an SPA Committee | May 8th
Utility and Impact of Assessment Grant | May 15th
Nominate for an SPA Award | July 24th
- Bruno Klopfer Award
- John E. Exner Award
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Early Career Award
- SPA Mid-Career Award
- Mary S. Cerney Student Paper Award
- Distinguished Service & Contribution to Personality Assessment Award
- Mentorship (ISR Members ONLY): The ISR is implementing a system to put members in touch with each other in order to offer the opportunity of a consultation. To do so, first of all, we will make a list of those colleagues who are willing to offer at least two hours of their time for free to provide mentoring for educational purposes.
Please use this link: https://forms.gle/tK9V4Vvt18y7bPtF6
Fill in the Google form if you would like to participate as a mentor. It asks you to provide some information about your field of practice, the language(s) in which you prefer to work and your approach to Rorschach interpretation.
We also include an agreement to be signed in order to participate in this programme.
- New Articles: Ethnic Differences in Assessment: How Self-Report and Observation Converge and Diverge Among Ethnically Diverse Incarcerated Youths
- Event: Applications of Machine Learning for Measuring and Modeling Psychological Concepts Via Different Methods of Communication, May 16-18, 2023 at Sam Houston State University. 3-day summer training on applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning for measuring and modeling psychological concepts (see attached flyer). The target audience is Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars in psychology but we will also consider applications from established researchers.Learn more by clicking here.
- Event: We welcome you to join us at the ISR Summer Seminars, held in Genova, Italy, July 14th-16th, and enjoy this 3 days stimulating and enriching event. Early bird deadline has been extended until May 30th! Click here for more information. To register, fill out form and email to ISR treasurer.