June 2023 | Newsletter Updates
We are seeking engaging and insightful workshops to enrich the attendee experience for the 2024 SPA Convention in San Diego, CA. We encourage you to submit your proposal to share your expertise and contribute to the learning and growth of our SPA community. We welcome proposals that are diverse in perspectives, responsive to emerging trends and the evolving challenges of psychologists and clinicians utilizing and researching assessment. Proposals will be accepted until August 14, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Proposals must be submitted by August 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET!
The time for award nominations has already started! Every year our goal is to recognize individuals that embody the Society's mission to advance the evidence-based practice and impact of personality assessment through research, education, training, and advocacy. These are some of the individuals that will help move us forward in your field or personality and psychoanalytic assessment.
Recipients for all of these awards will be celebrated at our 2024 SPA Convention in San Diego, CA between March 13-17, 2024. If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com.
- Bruno Klopfer Award
- John E. Exner Award
- Samuel J. and Anne G. Beck Early Career Award
- SPA Mid-Career Award
- Mary S. Cerney Student Paper Award
- Distinguished Service & Contribution to Personality Assessment Award
All Nominations must be submitted by
July 24, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET for consideration.
Please note, we will be accepting self nominations for any of these awards.
- 2023 Assessment Throwdown: The Assessment Section of APA's Division 12 invites students from clinical, counseling, or school psychology graduate programs to participate in their annual Assessment Throwdown. The goal of this competition is for trainees to show off their assessment knowledge and receive feedback from experts in the field. There are two rounds with the first round ending on July 30, 2023. For more information, please click here to view flyer.
- Mentorship (ISR Members ONLY): The ISR is implementing a system to put members in touch with each other in order to offer the opportunity of a consultation. To do so, first of all, we will make a list of those colleagues who are willing to offer at least two hours of their time for free to provide mentoring for educational purposes.
Please use this link: https://forms.gle/tK9V4Vvt18y7bPtF6
Fill in the Google form if you would like to participate as a mentor. It asks you to provide some information about your field of practice, the language(s) in which you prefer to work and your approach to Rorschach interpretation.
We also include an agreement to be signed in order to participate in this program.
- New Articles: Ethnic Differences in Assessment: How Self-Report and Observation Converge and Diverge Among Ethnically Diverse Incarcerated Youths
- Event: We welcome you to join us at the ISR Summer Seminars, held in Genova, Italy, July 14th-16th, and enjoy this 3 days stimulating and enriching event. Early bird deadline has been extended until May 30th! Click here for more information. To register, fill out form and email to ISR treasurer.